Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pursuit of beauty


Sydney summer is now long gone and in a desperate attempt to keep that beachy feeling, I parted with $25 to buy a new hair product called 'Old Salty' which claims to give your hair that "fresh from the beach malleability". Excitedly I applied it and as suggested finger combed my hair and allowed it to dry naturally. I felt great walking through the city precinct on my way to work, knowing that I looked liked I just been for a surf. It wasn't until I saw myself in my office elavator's mirror that I realised, I didn't have 'beach hair'! I had messy hair that looked liked I just climbed out of bed!It reminded me of a time many years ago when I bought 'Clear Mascara' for that just got out of the shower look (why I wanted to look like I just got out the shower I'll never know!). Again, eagerly applied it to my lashes and waited and waited. Until slowly it dawned on me - that it looked as if I had NOTHING on my eyes! I empathised with the foolish emporer in the children's tale about the emporer who finally realised that he had been fooled into thinking he was wearing the finest garb of gold and silver silk, when in fact he was naked! Oh how the advertising men must laugh at us hapless consumers!

No comments:

Post a Comment